Since the last time I blogged Doug has since left for Basic Training. The time that he has been gone has been a definite challenge. I have learned many things about myself and about my kids. We have since created popcorn party night in Mom's bed on Friday nights. This has become a fun evening for all. We usually eat leftovers, so that I don't have to cook and dinner happens quicker. Then it is fast baths for all the kids and while Ry is in the bath Ayden will pick the movie, and while Ayden is in the bath Ry and I make the popcorn. We then go watch the movie on my bed and eat popcorn. Yes, it creates quite a mess in my bed but you know it is totally worth it having all three of the kids to cuddle with and watch a silly movie.
Saturdays have fondly become "stay at home" days because that is the day I don't have to work and the kids don't go to Candice's. While they love going there it is nice to stay and play at your own house. The kids sleep in to all of 7:15 if I am lucky, even after staying up until almost 10:00 the night before watching movies. Sometimes we will visit Grandma's. Last week we went down to the Savage's and spent the weekend with them. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Here are some pictures of our adventures.
Ayden and Ryleigh in their Easter outfits.
The kids with their Easter baskets
They had so much fun on Easter. We went to my Mom's the day before to dye eggs. It was a lot of fun. We had just about all of the grand kids there as well as my brother's girlfriend's three boys, let's just I am sure we set a record for dying five dozen Easter eggs. The morning of Easter the kids were so surprised the the Easter bunny came. It is so much fun seeing their reactions! As you can tell in the picture the Easter bunny didn't pull price tags off of the clothes, Ayden was sure to point that out.
Just before Doug left we blessed Masyn. We had everyone at my house for a shin dig and Daniel wanted to hold of the new babies. . . you think he was a proud uncle or something.



2 comments:
Oh I love that family picture! Priceless. Your kids are so dang cute! Little Ayden is such a handsome boy! I am going to call you super Mom! I think I am going to adopt that popcorn on Mom's bed with a movie! I love that idea! How long is Doug gone for BTC?
Love the pics!! Ryleigh is getting so BIG! ... actually, all of your kids are getting big! I can't wait to see you all again. Love the blog entries-- you ARE in fact Super Mom! The title fits perfectly!
Post a Comment