Here is the constuction career. . . . . .
Who remembers playing with cardboard boxes when they were younger?? I sure do, and boy did I forget how cool they were until we had the box from Doug's gun safe. The kids colored it for days, had me cut out windows and doors and then create a door handle for the door. It is amazing their little imaginations, here are some pictures of their precious house and their progress.
You can even see as their constuction hats off to the side, they wore these while I was cutting the windows and most of the time in coloring the house.
The other nice thing with being at home is that we have had consistent Family Home Evenings. Here are some pictures from a recent FHE where Ayden asked to learn more about Moroni. Doug did a great job, we talked a lot about Moroni and then made sure that the kids knew why he was on the top of the temple as well as why he looked the way he did. As our activity we had the kids take turns standing on a kitchen stool and look like Moroni, Doug and I participated as well. We forgot about the adult robe until my turn and I went last, but it was still a lot of fun.
I am sure that we will have many more fun activities as we go along, especially with school being out next week.














2 comments:
Fun pictures! Enjoyed the up-close look at family activities. It's clear you are much more relaxed now and having fun in your new role as stay-at-home mom. Yay!
I LOVED those huge boxes when I was growing up!!! I painted them, duct taped wallpaper on the insides... cut out windows and then plastic wrapped the whole to make it look more like a real window... I'm sure the kiddos had a BLAST!!!! Love the posts-- keep them coming! :)
Post a Comment