Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

For the first time in several years Doug and I went to a Halloween party (Thank you Emily and Christian! It was a blast!).  Yes costumes were a necessary part of this party.  They were so great and even had a camera up to take pictures of all who attended.  Doug came (prepare yourself!) as a police officer and I was a prisoner.  Doug had to work later in the evening and was planning on leaving directly from the party so it worked for us.


In my family we always try to get the kids together for trick or treating.  This year with Halloween being on a Monday night Doug and I decided to stay home and take the kids around our neighborhood.  We invited others if they wanted to go.  Below is a picture of all but the babies that came.  We ended up having 13 kiddos come trick or treating (this includes babies).  Everyone had lots of fun.
From left to right: Adriana (witch), Masyn (Buzz Lightyear), Ayden (police officer), Ryleigh (witch), James (pirate) Katie Jo (pirate) Quincey (dragon fighter)

Because we had so many kids I had to become a "line leader" no kids were allowed to pass me and I assigned who rang the doorbell.  After they received their candy and said thank yous my mom would send them down to find me and line up again; Ryleigh's broom became really handy when she got tired of carrying it. 


Here is a picture of Ryleigh, Ayden and Masyn after trick or treating.  It took several tries to get this one!

The kids has a blast carving pumpkins this year also!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

2 comments:

Risa Stumm said...

I've been WAITING for this post! We love the costumes!!! ... and AWESOME pumpkins!!

Angie said...

Desiree - I love your costumes :) We miss you guys!