Saturday, January 7, 2012

I try to be crafty. . .

Recently I have discovered the wonderful world of Pintrest.  Doug thought this was a silly website to get involved in, but now he has changed his mind.  If you haven't been on yet it has been best described as "looking through a bunch of neat magazines and being able to tear out the pages and then organize them for your use."  I have found several new dinner ideas that my family L-O-V-E-S and they are easy too (always an added bonus!)

I got this super cool kindle for Christmas from Doug and was more than excited to make a cover for it, so I turned to pintrest to help me find the answer.


I used information from this blog but wanted it to look this cover.  Here is what my mom (who also received a kindle for Christmas) and I came up with. 

 


 
I am pretty happy on how it turned out and it only cost me about $3 in supplies to make. 

Here is another find.  I wanted to make this for my mom and my mother in law for Christmas, but got too busy.  So I just finished this yesterday (thanks Michelle!)


If you are not on pintrest yet, let me know I can send you the invite you need to get started.
I highly recommend the website, and dare you to not get addicted!

2 comments:

Risa Stumm said...

Ohhhh, can I leave my heartfelt AMEN!! LOVE Pinterest!!!!! Great finds... Love BOTH ideas!

Phil and Janet Savage said...

The kindle covers are gorgeous! Nicely done! And, Grandma's House plaque is darling. Can't wait to hang mine at my door.