Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Potty training adventures!

Masyn has been doing fabulous with potty training.  It has been less stress this time around; third times a charm I guess.  He has his rough days and days that he does great.  I have let Masyn take the lead on training rather vice versa. 

 About a three or four weeks ago Masyn looked at me and said he didn't want to wear "bedtime underwear" (pull ups really).  I was unsure of how it was going to turn out.  I couldn't have gotten a better deal!!  In this three or four weeks he has had only two accidents in his bed but for both he was awake and couldn't get out of bed fast enough. I still check on him before I go to bed to ask if he needs to go potty; more often than not he won't wake up.  Is it bad that I always say a little prayer that he doesn't have an accident at 2 am in the morning just because I don't want to deal with it?
With Masyn potty training he has developed a huge sense of independence.  He wants to go potty by himself (yet he still calls for help), wash his hands by himself (again still calls for help) and he can dress himself (only needs help if he can't reach the drawer).

With his independence I have forgotten one thing related to potty training.  To all my friends and family who have not yet potty trained please remember to. . .

NEVER leave a 3 year old alone in the bathroom while they are doing their business.


Because then you end up with one proud kid of the mess they created and you have clean up and salvage what you can!





2 comments:

Brandi said...

Such a rockstar! He was ready and it's been great ever since! Congrats to you for no diapers right now!

Risa Stumm said...

Note taken!! haha, loved the pics!