Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Police Family day BBQ

Every year the Loveland Police Department does a Family Day BBQ and every year it has fallen on a drill weekend for Doug.  Last year it was cancelled because of weather and this year I went without him.  This is a big step for those of you who know me.  I don't know many of his co-workers let alone being put in an area with their families that I don't know.  It is never a pretty sight.  I usually stand on the side and just watch, only speak when spoken to, and avoid eye contact while watching time count down. 
 
It was fun and I am glad that I took the kids.  The had the bomb squad truck out with the robots, and the K-9 guys did a demonstration for everyone (Masyn and Ayden even got to help out).  Each of the kids also got to sit on one of the police motorcycles.
 
Even without Doug it was fun and I was even able to meet some new people on the force and catch up with ones I hadn't seen in a long time.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: