One Tuesday morning had started just like any other morning. It was my week to drive carpool. I had all of the kids up and getting ready for the day. It was 7:15 am and everyone is dressed, fed and ready for school. Our neighbor shows up and we head out to the garage to get in the van to go to school. Jade (our neighbor girl) takes a step and I hear a crunching noise. Guess what she stepped on. . .
That's right a DEAD MOUSE!! I tried to stay as calm as I could. I really wanted to scream and jump up and down like a little girl- but I had to be tough that is what moms do, right? I calmly asked everyone to walk around the mouse and get in the van. We all avoided the dead mouse at ALL costs! After we back out of the driveway I call Doug (who is at work and only left a mere half hour before us) to tell him what had happened. I get his voicemail and tell him to call me immediately because he needs to take care of something.
Doug calls me back within 10-15 minutes. I told him that there was a large fat mouse dead in our garage and he MUST come home to take care of it because I refused to go in the garage until it was gone. All Doug could do was laugh at me. . . eventually he was able to get out that he would come take care of it. He was quick to share the story with his co-workers and all had a good laugh. He came home pretty quickly to take care of it and set up some traps in case there were more. Thankfully, there hasn't been any!
Tell you the truth, I refused to go in the garage until I was done running errands and picking up kids for the day. I still can't go in my garage bare feet anymore -slippers aren't even enough. I used to do it all of the time (the freezer is out there) but no way, what if another mouse comes out to get me??


No comments:
Post a Comment