As some of you know I started to run a little bit as of last year. In fact, the first I ran was a Saint Patrick's 5K in March 2012. Now a year plus later I have ran four 5K's, would have been five but I got injured and was told not to run in August of last year. I know it is nothing compared to some people I know, but a big deal to me.
Doug and I found out in November last year that I was expecting our fourth child. I didn't want this to stop me, I ran in the Colorado Springs Turkey Trot and thought I was going to die! At the time of that race I didn't know I was pregnant. I am sure between the hills, elevation, and being pregnant contributed greatly.
In January of this year I had a friend ask who wanted to run the Saint Patty's day 5K again this year. I was unsure of how I felt about running it but thought I could at least walk if I needed to. I signed up not really sure how I was going to do.
I kept running and preparing for the race. I told Doug several times I would be lucky if I could run the whole thing, I mean the day of the race I would be 20 weeks pregnant. I set a goal to finish in 35:00 minutes.
Well . . . I didn't finish in 35 minutes I did finish in about 38 minutes ( I don't remember the exact time). I was so glad I was able to run it with some awesome friends and even convinced Doug to run with me, he wasn't sure when he saw the team name, "Hot Mamas on the Run" posted on his time chip.
It was fun and I was glad I was able to run most of the race. I am already looking for a race to sign up for after the baby comes.


No comments:
Post a Comment