Ever have those days where you don't really want to get up and get moving for the day? Me too!! Today was one of those for sure. I went to bed not really believing that we were going to get the 8+ inches of snow they were predicting. BOY was I wrong!!! We woke up this morning to our trees being pushed down by the snow, you could only see where the bushes were because of the small lumps in the snow. I checked weather reports at 6:15 knowing that there was no way for school to be cancelled; sure enough it wasn't! So I get the kids up and moving so we can leave a few minutes early. Just as we are all bundled up I get a text from a mom whose kids I drive to school saying that school had been cancelled. As much as I wanted to believe it I went to the source, Facebook (because we all know everything is on there). I even doubled checked the news page and sure enough school was closed due to power outages! WAHOO!!! Then I had the realization I didn't know what to do with the kids today, Doug had to work tonight so we had be somewhat quiet. So here is what we ended up doing with our blessed snow day!!!
Ayden has his diorama for school that he finished in the morning with some help from Mom and Dad when needed. While this was going on Ryleigh, Masyn and I were peeling every crayon that we had because they were all too small and we were doing our own project!
In between the crayons melting and cooling we watched the new "Winnie the Pooh" (or nimmy poop, as Masyn says). We went to see it in the theater with the kids and they have loved that silly movie, plus it reminds me of when I was younger watching Winnie the Pooh.
| You can see that it is taller than Masyn as well. |
To end our day we came inside drank hot apple juice and then made breakfast for dinner. Trying to be the "cool" mom I made the first letter in each of the kid's names for pancakes, this turned into what crazy shape pancakes could Mom make that the kids liked.
All in all I would say it was a good snow day!


3 comments:
You are an amazing Mama!
Des, you are an amazing mom!!! What an awesome snow day-- something I definitely miss around here!
GEEZ! i want you for a Mom! my kids are lucky they have Daddy home in the winter. Mom is not a fan of snow!
Post a Comment