Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Color Run

Many of you know that I have taken on running since earlier this year.  I now own some good running clothes and Doug bought me the Nike+ sensor to track my mileage and pace when I run.  I have to say after doing it for awhile now, I enjoy it.  Sometimes it is hard to kick myself out the door because of dishes or kids or who knows what, but I go and I love it.  I ran a 5K race back in March and had a blast.  Then I had a friend say we should all run The Color Run together.  This race was so much FUN!!  It wasn't timed because they wanted you to have fun.

 The race began and everyone started out clean.


At every kilometer the race staff would throw colored dust at the runners.
 There was a different color every kilometer.

You can see what happens as the race goes on.

 You ended the race a mess!  But it was totally worth it.

 We all had so much fun we decided that we need to do this race every year!

** Added bonus my first 5K I did in 45:40 (pretty crappy, I know) but this one I timed and completed in 37:37!

***all pictures came from my friends blogs, as I did not have a camera with me. (Thanks Emily and Elise)

2 comments:

Emily Jones said...

Yeah baby, yeah!! :) We are definitely doing this again next year. What's next? A 10k?

Risa Stumm said...

LOVE IT!!! That race looks awesome! Ohhhh, if ONLY we lived in Colorado!! Seriously, it looks like you had a blast. CONGRATS on a VERY cool finishing time, as well! YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A RUNNER!! P.S. Love the last pics-- especially the last one!